- Thursday, September 4
- Friday, September 5
- Saturday, September 6
- Sunday, September 7
- Monday, September 8
Time Description Room Location 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Offsite
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CCIM Course: Commercial Real Estate Negotiations (Ticketed Event)
- Commercial Real Estate Negotiations
Learn and apply the CCIM Interest-based Negotiations Model to your most challenging transactions. Learn new, proven strategies to client acceptance that will get you out of the "high/low game" and other tactics that can derail a successful transaction.
Interest-based negotiation is a 3-step process that brings discipline to your negotiation strategies.
It involves identifying:
- What parties are involved in the negotiation, and what are they seeking?
- What can we do to get the other parties what they need, so that we can get what we want?
- What happens if there is no agreement?
- Satisfy the interests of parties involved in the negotiation (without sacrificing yours)
- Develop strategies for identifying and addressing challenges in a principled, transparent manner
- Maintain a collaborative approach to negotiations
- Effectively communicate the consequences of not reaching an agreement
- Speaker: Carmela Ma
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course: The Americas & International Real Estate (Ticketed Event)
- The Americas & International Real Estate is one of several international courses developed by NAR Global Business and Alliances of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). This course is designed to introduce real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international real estate transactions. You must complete 3 of 5 elective courses required to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. This course is one of five elective courses. Overview As we explore the Americas, statistics will be used to compare individual countries, examine their patterns of growth and determine their investment potential. The Americas have experienced dramatic changes within the last few years. Fee: $50 for members & $100 for non-members
- Speakers: Fanny Y. Chu, May Wan
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Bellagio 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- EB-5 Regional Center Project Presentations (Ticketed Event)
- EB-5 Regional Center Project Presentations & Expert Advice on the U.S. EB-5 Visa Program Hear from some of the Regional Center operators about their projects and approach to working with foreign nationals seeking to obtain a green card through the EB-5 visa investment program. Center operators, developers, advisors and attorneys will discuss projects which have been successful in obtaining visas for their investors as well as current hot topics, tax issues related to investing, sources of funds, eligibility, advice and potential pitfalls for those seeking to invest as well as for professionals that work with high net worth foreign investors. The program will offer the audience an opportunity to meet with some of the top experts and Regional Center operators in the industry and to ask them questions related to investing and advising their clients on the advantages and disadvantages of obtaining a green card through the EB-5 visa program. Fee: $25 for members & $50 for non-members
- Speaker: Michael Gibson
Raphael 3 Bellagio 1:15 PM - 2:45 PM Bellagio 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Bellagio 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Bellagio 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Bellagio 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Japan Night (Ticketed Event)
- Members $55
- NonMembers $65
Offsite TAO The Venetian 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Korea Night (Ticketed Event)
- Join the KTM Committee for a night of networking and fun at the luxurious “Palazzo Parlor”. A renowned Sommelier will bring some of his private wine collection for an unforgettable “Wine tasting” experience. Very limited tickets available, register now and get your ticket! Price: $30 Location: Palazzo - Parlor
Offsite Palazzo Parlor
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:00 AM - 11:45 AM Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Tower Ballroom 3, 5 & 8 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #2:Trends in Selling New Homes
- Get the direct insight into the mind of builders and how they position themselves in the market. What you need to know in order to do business with builders and the trends in selling new homes.
- Speakers: Andrea Berenfeld, Frederick N. Cooper, Nat Hodgson, Brian Krueger
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #3: Amplify Your Business with Social Media
- Discover the top social media apps to run your business more efficiently and effectively across platforms. Boost your social media skills and pick up some great tips on technologies such as video marketing, QR codes and how to enhance your online reputation.
- Speakers: GieFaan Kim, John Reyes, Michael Tchong
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #4: The Future of International Real Estate
- Hear about the international buying trends, where buyers are looking and what the future holds for the international real estate market. Hear about the success created through international marketing & networking, and leveraging AREAA’s key member benefit (Proxio) to develop international leads.
- Speakers: Chris Kervandjian, Jeff Needham, Paulina Rassavong, John Wong
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #5: Fine-tuning Your Sales and Negotiating Skills
- Learn the power of persuasion and the secrets of success through sharpening your negotiation and selling skills. Learn how to set yourself apart by effectively marketing your expertise and consummate the deal.
- Speaker: Chris Heller
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #7: Technology Updates: What’s New and How to Use It
- Yelp is choosing restaurants based on restaurants that we have liked in the past. Google Voice and Apple’s Siri are “answering all of our questions.” Soon, databases powered by algorithms will start telling real estate buyers where and when they should buy and how much they should pay. This session will give you a glimpse into the future of global real estate transactions and how you can leverage these tools to help expand your business
- Speakers: Andrew K. Lee, Chris Lim, Morgan Remmers
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #8: Life After a Short Sale: Mortgage Products for Credit Impaired Buyers
- Get the latest information on how foreclosure, loan modification, short sale and bankruptcy impact your client's credit score. You will learn how lenders use credit scores, as well as the factors that go into a credit score, and what factors don't. Find out what it takes, and how long it takes, to rehabilitate a poor credit score. You'll hear information you will be able to use right away to help your clients improve their financial outlook and determine what mortgage products are available for them.
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- AREAA Fashion Show
- A premier event for AREAA this year! The fashion show will highlight Asian designers and Asian-inspired fashion from retailers at Westfield Century City. Watch AREAA members showcase ethnic attire both for men and women alike!
Tower Ballroom 3, 5 & 8 Bellagio
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #09: The Importance of Your Personal Brand
- Personal branding is a crucial key to success. Learn how to set yourself apart from your professional peers. This session will give the techniques in how to branch yourself in an evolving market
- Speaker: David Siroty
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #11: Leads, Technology and Conversions
- Today, Real estate professionals are inundated with leads obtained from many sources. Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, and Homes.com are just a few. Proper systems are necessary to manage the influx of new leads and maintain contact with previous and current clients. Lack of such systems lead to lost opportunities. Learn how to efficiently manage new leads and your sphere of influence from start to finish and beyond. We will discuss how to choose the right platforms that will work for your business. Platforms include CRM, Email Marketing, Transaction Management systems, and more. Increasing your level of service through better lead management and communication will lead to more sales. Don't miss this opportunity to learn about choosing the right tools to take your business to the next level.
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #12: Global Business Toolbox
- Learn from experts in the foreign markets on the essentials to conduct business successfully in the international arena. Hear how to create awareness around taxation, referrals, and funding issues to avoid the mistakes that are commonly made in the global business.
- Speaker: Darryl Freeman
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #13: AREAA’s Top Producers
- Here is your opportunity to interact with some of the industry’s top producers and learn how their experience with business planning, goal setting, marketing and innovation can benefit your business and your clients.
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #15: Consumer Panel: The Asian-American Consumer
- The purchase power of Asian-Americans in the U.S. is predicted to reach $1 trillion within the next four years. So how do we best serve a market with such strong buying potential? Hear it direct from Asian-Americans who are in the midst of a real estate transaction or who have recently purchased a home to understand their unique perspectives into the home buying process – considering everything from lifestyle needs and housing design preferences to cultural nuances.
- Speakers: Sherry Chris, John Wong
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #16: Fashion, Wine and Autos
- Meet top luxury experts on the most up to date trend setting things in the luxury arena. Truly understand the luxury lifestyle. Learn how to live, eat, and breathe luxury.
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- Keynote Luncheon (Ticketed Event)
- Fee: $100 per ticket
Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Installation Gala (Ticketed Event)
- Fee: $150 per ticket
Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Late Night Networking Hosted by: theEDGE Event & Las Vegas Chapter (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA’s future leaders for an evening that has become a “can’t miss” event and enjoy a vibrant night of music, dancing and networking. Fee: Early Bird: $35 per ticket includes (1) drink ticket At the Door: $35 - NO drink ticket
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- GLVAR 2nd Annual Trade Mission
- Join other real estate practitioners from around the globe immediately after the AREAA Convention on Sept 8th. GLAR's Global Business Committee will host a one-day event for their 2nd Annual Inbound Trade Mission.
The event will include a tour of the Las Vegas Area with stops at:
- The Downtown Revitalization Project
- Switch, the creater or The SuperNAP's, the world's most advanced technology ecosystems serving pver 500 clients
- The University of Nevada Las Vegas
- and a driving tour of local residental and commercial sectors