- Wednesday, September 18
- Thursday, September 19
- Friday, September 20
- Saturday, September 21
- Sunday, September 22
Time Description Room Location 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Sherman Oaks Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM California Lounge Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Bank of America Home Loans Present: Better Money Habits
- Imagine a financial learning experience you might actually enjoy. Imagine a site that you and your clients can access to learn all of the relevant information they need to know in order to purchase a home? Imagine watching webinars when your schedule allows and becoming a trusted advisor to your clients. We've partnered with Sal Khan and the folks at Khan Academy to bring you an online learning experience that's self-paced, fact-based and conversational. So you can learn what you want, how you want, in a way that best suits you and your family's goals. Learn topics such as “How does a mortgage work”;” “How to set a budget and stick to it”; “Create a safety net for life’s unexpected events”; “How to get out of debt”
- Speaker: Kathy Cummings
Sherman Oaks Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CCIM Course: Residential Real Estate Financial Analysis (Ticketed Event)
- Residential Real Estate Financial Analysis Residential Real Estate Financial Analysis is designed for residential agents who want to expand their business to include selling single-family homes, condos, duplexes, four-plexes, or small commercial properties to investors. This course is for residential agents interested in the commercial arena, new commercial agents looking to enhance their basic financial analysis skills, and private investors who want to learn basic financial analysis skills to apply to their investment portfolio. Register and save! Typical average cost for this class over $200 Fee: $50 for members & $100 for non-members
- Speaker: Carmela Ma
Constellation II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools (Ticketed Event)
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools This course provides you with the tools needed to present investment information to international clients—in their currency and area. You will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investment. Register and save! Typical average cost for this class over $200 Fee: $50 for members & $100 for non-members
- Speakers: Fanny Y. Chu, May Wan
Constellation I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- EB-5 Overview (Ticketed Event)
- What you need to know to market, solicit, accept fees and give advice related to the purchase and sale of securities. This session will provide an overview to help you navigate through securities transactions as it relates to the EB-5 program. Other topics to be covered include licensing information, finders' fees and commission, insurance requirements and other issues that you need to know to be part of an EB-5 transaction. Fee: $25 for members & $50 for non-members
- Speakers: Daniel Hu, Rod K. Oshita, Cedric M. Shen, Pauline Truong
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Renovation Program Session
- With 70% of the U.S. housing stock aged over 25 years, buyers are looking for financing solutions that allow them buy a house and make it their dream home. This breakout will equip you with the knowledge to provide your buyers with a unique financing solutions to purchase a home that may need to be modernized or renovated and include these costs into a single loan with just one application and one closing.
- Speaker: Ed Rogers
Sherman Oaks Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Doing Business Internationally
- This is your chance to meet international clients and AREAA’s movers and shakers in the international arena. From international prospecting to lead generation, this is a must-attend for real estate professionals who want to expand their international clientele. The session will also focus on different burgeoning markets for international real estate that include Canada, France, the Philippines and many more!
- Speakers: Atty Nelson Arquiza, JD MNSA, Ricardo M. Chavez, William Endsley, Josh Goldstien, Ian MacLeod, Rob Mehta, Yoshinori Takita
Santa Monica Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- theEDGE Factor
Do you have theEDGE Factor? What is theEDGE? How do I become involved with theEDGE? What makes theEDGE unique?
Join us for a series of classes where we give you action ideas to boost more sales, innovate ways to run your business efficiently, and network with like minded savvy individuals.
- Opening Speaker: Romeo Marquez “It’s Time”
- Rock Stars Who Make Our Buisness Go Boom
- Moderator: Andrew Lee
- Craig Simoneau
- Mark Thomas
- Stephaine Vitacco
- Marie Chung
- David Cohen
- Closing Speaker: Imran Poladi “My Story”
- Why the ReLaunch of theEDGE?
- How theEDGE Can Help your Chapters?
- Why We Partner With theEDGE?"
- Why I joined theEDGE?
- Speakers: Marie Chung, David Cohen, Romeo Marquez Jr., Imran Poladi, Craig Simoneau, Mark Thomas, Stephanie Vitacco
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM Sherman Oaks Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- The Dragon’s Den
- If you want to see how to “sell an idea” in action, this is the session for you. Learn how to pitch business concepts and strategies to actual decision-makers in the real estate and mortgage lending profession. Acquire practical business acumen by hearing and participating in this session geared towards enhancing your verbal communication skills and confidence-building technics for effective sales pitches. Let’s see if you can survive the Dragon’s Den. Interested in applying? Click Here
- Speakers: Sherry Chris, Jennifer Jeng, Glenn Kelman, Jim Park, Brad Inman
Beverly Hills Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Business Marketplace Roundtable
- Back by popular demand, the business roundtables offers opportunities to meet with subject matter experts on global real estate trends, challenges in the marketplace and coaching tips on helping you differentiate yourself in this competitive industry. Participants will have the ability to rotate every 15 minutes to be able gain as much knowledge as you desire.
- Speakers: Louis Amaya, Gayle Bryce, Nabil Captan, Randy Char, Ricardo M. Chavez, Kevin Chin, Jenny Cui, Brett Dickinson, William Endsley, Robert Fragoso, Eric Frazier, Brandon Gallegos, Phillip Greenberg, Vincent Humphrey, Bob Irish, Robert V. Keeran, R. K. Khalfani, Teresia Knight, Mark J. Latimer, Caron Ling, Martha Manseau, Alexa Lauren Mazal, Rob Mehta, Tom Papile, C. Anthony Phillips, CPA, MBA, MBT, Jeffrey Raskin, Morgan Remmers, Scott B. Rindner, Michael Ruiz, Sharyl Silva, Michael St. Hilaire, Ron Sudman, Johanna Traynor, Kenny Truong, Pauline Truong, Tony Watson, Richard Wilson, Thomas C.D. Wong, Gloria Yates
Santa Monica Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Westside Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Green Circle Lawn Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- AREAA Fashion Show
- A premier event for AREAA this year! The fashion show will highlight Asian designers and Asian-inspired fashion from retailers at Westfield Century City. Watch AREAA members showcase ethnic attire both for men and women alike!
Westfield Mall 8:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Japan Night in Los Angeles (Ticketed Event)
- Be sure to attend this exciting networking event to hear the latest about the AREAA Japan Trade Mission. It's the perfect time to deepen your connections with people doing business with the Japanese. The ultra chic “Hinoki & the Bird” is the place to be seen in Beverly Hills and is only two blocks away from the host hotel. Your ticket will include a drink and hor d'oeuvres. Don't miss it! Special Guest: Japan Consul General of Los Angeles Members $35 Nonmembers $55 Interested in Sponsoring this Event? CLICK HERE
Offsite Hinoki Restaurant 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Greater LA Chapter Event
- The AREAA Greater LA Chapter welcomes the 2013 AREAA National Convention to their city! This event is FREE to all registered convention attendees and Greater LA Chapter members. Come join in on the fun as we kick off the 2103 AREAA National Convention! The W Hollywood Hotel 6250 Hollywood Blvd. 12th Floor Hollywood, California 90028 FREE Admission for AREAA National Convention Attendees & AREAA GLA Members (Must RSVP @ areaa.org/losangeles) $40 @ Door Limited Tables & Bottle Service Available Please Contact: Sonny Pham @ 714-335-3966
Drai’s (Rooftop Pool Deck) The W Hollywood Hotel
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM California Lounge Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- Opening General Session: AREAA Update
- Pledge: Regina Ong-Garcia, AREAA San Diego Past President
- National Anthem: Don Datanagan, AREAA East Bay Board of Director
- Opening and Welcome: Jim Park, 2013 AREAA National Chair
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- General Session I: The Power of the Asian American Consumer
- Get a preview of the dynamic Asian American consumers. Asian American community is the fastest growing and the most economically significant consumer segment in the country. Understand what it takes to support our community better and build a relevant business for the future.
- Speakers: Bill Imada, Betty Lo
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- General Session II: Asian American Access to Mortgage Credit
- Consumers want to take advantage of low interest rates and government programs targeted to first-time buyers, but tighter underwriting and financing has become difficult in today’s lending environment. Hear first-hand from leading financial institutions on the financing options available now, particularly those that are relevant to minority and immigrant homebuyers.
- Speakers: Lawrence Bailey, Cerita Battles, Keith Bickel, Ivan Choi, Michael Innis-Thompson, Desmond Smith
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- General Session III: Real Estate Market Outlook in the US and Around the World
- Hear from top industry leaders and economists about the outlook for real estate market and how you can reshape your business in order to get ahead market opportunities. Real estate business is undergoing rapid and fundamental shifts. Today, it is more critical than ever to stay ahead of technology trends, understand global business opportunities and create great businesses in order to prosper. Get inspired and learn from our renowned speakers about embracing our industry’s future today!
- Speakers: Anthony Chan, Wayne D’Amico, Stan Humphries, Jim Park, Alex Perriello, Dr. Lawrence Yun
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
- Breakout #1: Technology Trends: Glimpse Into Real Estate’s Future Now
- Yelp is choosing restaurants based on restaurants that we have liked in the past. Google Voice and Apple’s Siri are “answering all of our questions.” Soon, databases powered by algorithms will start telling real estate buyers where and when they should buy and how much they should pay. This session will give you a glimpse into the future of global real estate transactions and how you can leverage these tools to help expand your business
- Speakers: Mark Dowds, Justin Hughes, Morgan Remmers, Mitch Robinson
Santa Monica Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
- Breakout #2: Who Has the Assets?
- Hear first-hand from experts on how current market conditions and business issues are impacting the future of the default market. Many of the top distressed asset holders will discuss their strategies for managing and selling REOs and dealing with delinquent loans.
- Speakers: Sharon Barlett, William Carr, Michael Drawdy, Brian Kreitzer, Hattie Sharp
Beverly Hills Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
- Breakout #3: International Real Estate 101
- With over 82.5 billion in U.S. real estate purchases between 2011 through 2012, foreign national buyers are having a significant impact on our real estate market. This segment is proving to be more than a passing fad or temporary niche market. This class will teach you many valuable insights and tips on how to work with foreign national buyers. Come learn why the U.S. is such an attractive market for foreign buyers, which specific markets are most desirable, what you should know about EB-5 visas and FIRPTA, what makes the escrow transaction different for Mexican, Chinese, and Canadian foreign nationals, and much more.
- Speakers: Jennifer Castejon, Darryl Freeman, Emily Fu, Paulina Rassavong
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #4: Brokerage Without Walls
- Traditional office set-ups are becoming obsolete in the real estate industry. More brokerages are embracing mobile offices that parallel technological advances brought about by tablets, smart phones and other devices to connect with clients and prospects virtually. Learn how technology is quickly changing the traditional office environment and know if this could be best suited for you and your business!
- Speakers: Chris Lim, Raquel Quinet
Santa Monica Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM
- Breakout #5: Double your Transactions Working with Professional Home Buyers and Sellers
- Cash sales account for nearly 30 to 40% of all transactions in this marketplace. Whether it is a hedge fund buying property to rent out under an REO to rental program, a fix and flip investor looking for process created by taking a dilapidated property and creating a sustainable home, or simply a buyer looking for better deals on their investment capital versus what the banks are currently offering. In any of these scenarios, a real estate professional has the opportunity to provide some assistance. Come and learn how you can double your transactions!
- Speakers: Robert Fragoso, Darlene Martinez
Beverly Hills Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM
- Breakout #6: Going High End – Creating Your Luxury Brand
- Hear from experts who work primarily with luxury properties as they discuss how to break into this niche market, and the skills and knowledge you will need to be successful.
- Speakers: Christophe Choo, Lesley Corydon, Nikki Field, Steven Mavromihalis
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 4:00 PM - 5:15 PM
- Breakout #7: theEDGE Series Paperless Revolution: Work from anywhere and be 10 times more efficient!
- Learn to complete real estate transactions from anywhere in the world without the mundane standard devices. Learn how to write contracts without internet access, obtain wet signatures from any laptop and syncing iPads to computers. Maintain a paperless office to increase efficiency and productivity by utilizing online systematic filing programs, mobile devices and today's technology
- Speaker: Jeffrey Raskin
Santa Monica Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 4:00 PM - 5:15 PM
- Breakout #8: Lifestyles Of The Rich And Asian
- Developing real estate relationships with the affluent starts from a foundation of understanding what other than real estate is important to these clients. This session will provide you with intelligence on where you must go to meet these clients, who the trusted advisors are for this market, and the skills and mindset needed to create connectivity with these affluent Asian clients.
- Speakers: Christophe Choo, Jennifer Huang, Arthur Hung, Mark McLaughlin
Beverly Hills Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 4:00 PM - 5:15 PM
- Breakout #9: Commercial Deal Exchange
- Commercial properties experts from major commercial firms share their hot listing and they discuss how residential practitioners can successfully represent their Buyers in the commercial market. Professional strategies about putting deals together and generating more revenue.
- Speakers: Eric Chen, James Huang, Teresia Knight, Norman Lee, Orbell Ovaness, David Rich
Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- theEDGE Event (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA’s future leaders for an evening that has become a “can’t miss” event and enjoy a vibrant night of music, dancing and networking. Fee: Early Bird: $45 per ticket Regular:$55 per ticket Onsite:$65 per ticket
XBar Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
Time Description Room Location 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM California Lounge Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout #10:Building Relationships with Builders
- Specifically designed for real estate professionals who want to work with builders and developers, this session will focus on new projects and developments in different areas across the country. Network with national builders to gain leads and prospects for your clients.
- Speakers: Louis Howard, Greg Lowe, Mark Pordes, Janis Randazzo
Constellation I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout #11: Learn. Live. Lead: An Update from REALTOR® University and the Center for Real Estate Studies
- An overview on the graduate program at REALTOR® University and the Center for Real Estate Studies, including recently completed research projects and our joint research project with AREAA. We’ll be highlighting the latest edition of the Journal of the Center for Real Estate Studies and talking about possible research efforts to come.
- Speakers: Peter Burley, Selma Hepp, Dr. Lawrence Yun
Constellation I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout #12: How Long Before I Can Get Financing: Helping Credit Impaired Homebuyers
- Get the latest information on how foreclosure, loan modification, short sale and bankruptcy impact your client's credit score. You will learn how lenders use credit scores, as well as the factors that go into a credit score, and what factors don't. Find out what it takes, and how long it takes, to rehabilitate a poor credit score. You'll hear information you will be able to use right away to help your clients improve their financial outlook and determine what mortgage products are available for them.
- Speakers: Barrett Burns, Frank Fuentes, Samuel Luna, Rosalinda Meza
Olympic II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Breakout #13: Short Sale Update
- Lenders, regulators and financial institutions are making changes to the short sale process that will impact all real estate professionals who work clients involved in these transactions. Find out how these changes will affect your next short sale and how to overcome obstacles on the way to closing.
- Speakers: June DeMott, Abel Fregoso, Roman Shersher, Bekah Stone
Constellation II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout #14: theEDGE Series: Back to the Future
- We all know that there is a generation gap. This applies more so in real estate. Hear from a panel of experts composed of 20/30 something year olds that are dominating the market with new ways of doing things, cutting edge technology. Learn from seasoned professionals who have been around the block, have proven and tested systems. Who is more productive? Who has the best methods of doing business? They will share tips on what makes them successful.
- Speakers: Carmen Chong, Samir Desai, Amy Kong, John Murray, Allen M. Okamoto
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout #15: Commercial Brokerage Case Studies: Expert Tips on Representing Sellers and Buyers
- Expert tips on representing Sellers and Buyers in a commercial real estate sale. A step by step guide of what to do, what not to do and how not to get sued.
- Speakers: Michael Gustafson, Brad Umansky
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout #16: Understanding Asian Buyers Is More Than Correctly Handing Business Cards
- Asian American and immigrant consumers need education and guidance that only an experienced real estate professional who works with their communities can provide. Learn best practices that will help you capture more Asian American homebuyers and help the community realize their dream of homeownership.
- Speakers: Danny Chang, Heather Chong, Gwen Coronado, Tom Crosby
Olympic II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
- Breakout #17: Franchise Or Not
- What should you consider when making a decision about affiliating with a real estate franchise company versus launching your own brokerage? Representatives from franchises and independent brokers discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both business models.
- Speakers: Alisha Chen, Andrew K. Lee, Rob Mehta, Orhan Tolu, Jessica Ye
Constellation II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM Los Angeles Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
- Breakout #18: Developing A Business Plan To Dominate Your Market
- Failing to plan ahead means you are planning to fail. Get a jump start on your competition for 2014 by learning from top real estate industry executives who will give you specific tips to set you on the road to success. In this breakout you will be working on your individual business plan and will leave with a defined path for your business! Phillip Greenberg's Presentation
- Speakers: Phillip Greenberg, Brian Hurley
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
- Breakout #19: Social Media For Real Estate: More Than Finding Friends On Facebook
- Discover the top social media apps to run your business more efficiently and effectively across platforms. Boost your social media skills and pick up some great tips on technologies such as video marketing, QR codes and how to enhance your online reputation.
- Speakers: Matt Ahlmann, Nathan Froelich, Imran Poladi
Constellation I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
- Breakout #20: Helping High-Networth Clients With Estate Planning
- Today’s practitioners need to be aware of the multitude of choices used for estate planning for their clients. This session will include asset protection and collaboration opportunities between financial planners and real estate professionals to best serve their clients’ needs.
- Speakers: William Burford, Howard Hou, Stephen A. Malley
Olympic II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
- Breakout #21: Working With HUD Listings
- Know everything that you need to know about being a successful HUD real estate agent whether you are on the buy or sell sides. This session is an opportunity for hear from HUD and its contractors regarding latest developments regarding HUD properties
- Speakers: Cynthia Cleveland, Michael Longaker, Milt Shaw, Ray Warda
Constellation II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
- Breakout #22: AREAA International Trade Missions
- For over three years, AREAA has hosted trade missions to Japan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, France, Taiwan, Thailand, and most recently to the Philippines. Learn how these trade missions can benefit your international prospecting and convert these relationships into contracts both in the US and abroad. Hear first-hand from trade mission attendees on insider secrets that have propelled their international business proportionally!
- Speakers: Kirkor Ajderhanyan, Ian MacLeod, David Tran, Atsuko Yube, Lidia Yun
Olympic I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
- Breakout #23: Investing And Purchasing Distressed Assets
- With the added competition and price appreciation, investments in distressed assets require more analysis and understanding of local market dynamics. Learn from local and national experts about ways to work with investors and successfully purchase these assets for your clients.
- Speakers: Michael Breese, Jason Lee, Rick Sharga
Constellation I Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
- Breakout #24 AREAA Global
- Do you investors looking for a great deal or commercial deals that needs to be funded? Come to AREAA Global Deal Exchange Session and have AREAA Global help you bring the right buyers, sellers and developers together. This is going to be a hands-on session so be prepared to participate.
- Speakers: Allen Chiang, James Huang
Olympic II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM
- Breakout #25: Top Producer Session
- Here is your opportunity to interact with some of the industry’s top producers and learn how their experience with business planning, goal setting, marketing and innovation can benefit your business and your clients.
- Speakers: Marie Chung, Long Doan, Marcus Lee, Alexander Phan, Stephanie Vitacco
Constellation II Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM Plaza Pavilion Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Installation Gala (Ticketed Event)
- AREAA’s annual Gala Dinner is an elegant evening for convention attendees featuring the installation of 2014 AREAA Ivan Choi, the AREAA Person of the Year presentation to Fred Underwood, special performance from America's Got Talent Finalist Kenichi Ebina ,and networking with top real estate professionals. Join the celebration as this year’s Gala celebrates AREAA’s 10 years. To view Kenichi's performance visit Click Here Fee: $145 per ticket
Los Angeles Hyatt Rengency Century Plaza
Time Description Room Location 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Luxury Property Tour (Ticketed Event)
- Attendees will preview 3 exclusive luxury properties. See first-hand what attracts high net worth clients to LA. The tour will conclude with a premier cocktail reception that you will not want to miss. Tickets are $25 per person. This event is open to all attendees, on a first-come-first-serve basis. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet at Front Drive Hyatt Regency Century Plaza