- Thursday, September 4
- Friday, September 5
- Saturday, September 6
- Sunday, September 7
- Monday, September 8
Time Description Room Location 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Offsite
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CCIM Course: Commercial Real Estate Negotiations (Ticketed Event)
- Commercial Real Estate Negotiations
Learn and apply the CCIM Interest-based Negotiations Model to your most challenging transactions. Learn new, proven strategies to client acceptance that will get you out of the "high/low game" and other tactics that can derail a successful transaction.
Interest-based negotiation is a 3-step process that brings discipline to your negotiation strategies.
It involves identifying:
- What parties are involved in the negotiation, and what are they seeking?
- What can we do to get the other parties what they need, so that we can get what we want?
- What happens if there is no agreement?
- Satisfy the interests of parties involved in the negotiation (without sacrificing yours)
- Develop strategies for identifying and addressing challenges in a principled, transparent manner
- Maintain a collaborative approach to negotiations
- Effectively communicate the consequences of not reaching an agreement
- Speaker: Carmela Ma
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CIPS Course: The Americas & International Real Estate (Ticketed Event)
- The Americas & International Real Estate is one of several international courses developed by NAR Global Business and Alliances of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). This course is designed to introduce real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international real estate transactions. You must complete 3 of 5 elective courses required to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. This course is one of five elective courses. Overview As we explore the Americas, statistics will be used to compare individual countries, examine their patterns of growth and determine their investment potential. The Americas have experienced dramatic changes within the last few years. Fee: $50 for members & $100 for non-members
- Speakers: Fanny Y. Chu, May Wan
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- VRM Session: Investing In You – Real Strategies for Real Growth
- We will cover best practices, conference strategies, market update, educational customization, client training, and our current VRMU course offerings.
- Speakers: Vincent Humphrey, Marion Napoleon
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Raphael 2 Bellagio 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- EB-5 Regional Center Project Presentations (Ticketed Event)
- EB-5 Regional Center Project Presentations & Expert Advice on the U.S. EB-5 Visa Program Hear from some of the Regional Center operators about their projects and approach to working with foreign nationals seeking to obtain a green card through the EB-5 visa investment program. Center operators, developers, advisors and attorneys will discuss projects which have been successful in obtaining visas for their investors as well as current hot topics, tax issues related to investing, sources of funds, eligibility, advice and potential pitfalls for those seeking to invest as well as for professionals that work with high net worth foreign investors. The program will offer the audience an opportunity to meet with some of the top experts and Regional Center operators in the industry and to ask them questions related to investing and advising their clients on the advantages and disadvantages of obtaining a green card through the EB-5 visa program. Fee: $25 for members & $50 for non-members
- Speakers: Dr. Gregory Finkelson, Michael Gibson
Raphael 3 Bellagio 1:15 PM - 2:45 PM
- Hit Me with Distressed Assets!
- Find out which cities are currently impacted by REO inventory and how to get your hands on it. What effect will the upcoming election year have on REO inventory? Are underwater homeowners not in default creating shadow inventory? Default industry experts discuss current and future trends in REO disposition
- Speakers: Sharon Barlett, Brandon Gallegos, Joe Morrow, Milt Shaw, Ray Warda
Raphael 1 Bellagio 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Don’t Hedge Your Bets…Play with a Winning Hand!
- Hear from Hedge Funds directly what they are doing with their assets. Are they liquidating? Are they holding and if so, for how long? Are they still purchasing? How are they recruiting agents for their networks? Position your business to take advantage of the changes in your local market these hedge funds are creating.
- Speakers: Earl Crouse, Brett Moore, Lani Porter, Larry White
Raphael 1 Bellagio 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Da Vinci 1 & 2 Bellagio 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- International Welcome Reception (Open to All Registered Attendees)
- Network with AREAA members and leadership, international attendees, real estate executives, technology strategists and real estate professionals that represent all facets of the industry we serve. Meet and greet other professionals in the exciting field of international real estate, expand your network of business partners and connections, exchange best practices, and discuss strategies for the continually changing economic landscape. Attendees are encouraged to wear their traditional ethnic attire!
Moet & Patio Bellagio 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Japan Night (Ticketed Event)
- Members $55
- NonMembers $65
Offsite TAO The Venetian 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Korea Night (Ticketed Event)
- Join the KTM Committee for a night of networking and fun at the luxurious “Palazzo Parlor”. A renowned Sommelier will bring some of his private wine collection for an unforgettable “Wine tasting” experience. Very limited tickets available, register now and get your ticket! Price: $30 Location: Palazzo - Parlor
Offsite Palazzo Parlor
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:00 AM - 11:45 AM Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Tower Ballroom 3, 5 & 8 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #2:Trends in Selling New Homes
- Get the direct insight into the mind of builders and how they position themselves in the market. What you need to know in order to do business with builders and the trends in selling new homes.
- Speakers: Andrea Berenfeld, Frederick N. Cooper, James Dixon, Nat Hodgson, Brian Krueger
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #3: Amplify Your Business with Social Media
- Discover the top social media apps to run your business more efficiently and effectively across platforms. Boost your social media skills and pick up some great tips on technologies such as video marketing, QR codes and how to enhance your online reputation.
- Speakers: Chadney Barcus, Scott Hoen, GieFaan Kim, John Reyes, Michael Tchong
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Breakout #4: The Future of International Real Estate
- Hear about the international buying trends, where buyers are looking and what the future holds for the international real estate market. Hear about the success created through international marketing & networking, and leveraging AREAA’s key member benefit (Proxio) to develop international leads.
- Speakers: Chris Kervandjian, Jeff Needham, Paulina Rassavong, John Wong
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #5: Fine-tuning Your Sales and Negotiating Skills
- Learn the power of persuasion and the secrets of success through sharpening your negotiation and selling skills. Learn how to set yourself apart by effectively marketing your expertise and consummate the deal.
- Speakers: Jim Dague, George Morris
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #6: Resurgence of Las Vegas
- Hear from local owners of real estate brokerages, high-rise developers and market analysts for a discussion about one of the Nation’s fastest reemerging markets – the entertainment destination capital, Las Vegas!
- Speakers: Dionne Cuello, Robert H. Hamrick, Mark Pordes
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #7: Technology Updates: What’s New and How to Use It
- Yelp is choosing restaurants based on restaurants that we have liked in the past. Google Voice and Apple’s Siri are “answering all of our questions.” Soon, databases powered by algorithms will start telling real estate buyers where and when they should buy and how much they should pay. This session will give you a glimpse into the future of global real estate transactions and how you can leverage these tools to help expand your business
- Speakers: Andrew K. Lee, Chris Lim, Morgan Remmers, Tracy Weir
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Breakout #8: Lead Generation, Client Credit and Mortgage Options
- Most real estate professionals do not think about leveraging mortgage products or consumer’s loan circumstances to develop new client leads. Whether it’s understanding the credit profile of a potential buyer to knowing when the home value increases sufficiently to be eligible for a short sale (or even traditional sale), real estate professionals needs to stay current on credit management, mortgage products and home values in order to generate new business. This session will discuss topics such as coaching your clients on credit management, reaching out to potential sellers with existing mortgages with FHA loan assumptions, and marketing to “boomerang” buyers.
- Speakers: Latonia Donaldson, Sean Hulsey, Michael Innis-Thompson, John Ulzheimer
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- AREAA Fashion Show
- A premier event for AREAA this year! The fashion show will highlight Asian designers and Asian-inspired fashion from retailers at Westfield Century City. Watch AREAA members showcase ethnic attire both for men and women alike!
Tower Ballroom 3, 5 & 8 Bellagio 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Best of AREAA Event
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #09: The Importance of Your Personal Brand
- Personal branding is a crucial key to success. Learn how to set yourself apart from your professional peers. This session will give the techniques in how to branch yourself in an evolving market
- Speakers: Linda Akutagawa, Wendy Forsythe, Angie Lee, David Siroty, Winnie Sun
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #10: Millennials and New Urbanism
- Find out how the Millennial generation is redefining some of the top urban market. Millennials are moving into urban core like Portland, Washington DC, San Diego and are changing the real estate and retail demand.
- Speakers: Selma Hepp, Larry C. Hsia, Alec Hughes, Michael Soon Lee, Raquel Quinet
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #11: Leads, Technology and Conversions
- Today, Real estate professionals are inundated with leads obtained from many sources. Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, and Homes.com are just a few. Proper systems are necessary to manage the influx of new leads and maintain contact with previous and current clients. Lack of such systems lead to lost opportunities. Learn how to efficiently manage new leads and your sphere of influence from start to finish and beyond. We will discuss how to choose the right platforms that will work for your business. Platforms include CRM, Email Marketing, Transaction Management systems, and more. Increasing your level of service through better lead management and communication will lead to more sales. Don't miss this opportunity to learn about choosing the right tools to take your business to the next level.
- Speakers: Eric Sachs, Mark Thomas, Jay Thompson
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Breakout #12: Foreign National Buyers: Growing Market or Fad?
- Foreign national buyers have had a significant impact on the U.S. real estate market over the past several years. Many thought this was just another real estate fad that would go away as quickly as it appeared once the market corrected itself. The past four years have given us a clearer picture of whether or not this market truly is viable for the foreseeable future. This class will address who these international buyers are, why they are so interested in U.S. properties, what makes their transactions different from conventional transactions in the closing and settlement process, and much more.
- Speakers: Darryl Freeman, Tina Mak
Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #13: AREAA’s Top Producers
- Here is your opportunity to interact with some of the industry’s top producers and learn how their experience with business planning, goal setting, marketing and innovation can benefit your business and your clients.
- Speakers: Vandana Chima-Bhalla, David DeSantis, Dottie Sheppick, David Tran, Jessica Ye
Da Vinci 4 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #14: Commercial Capital and Finance
- This session is where you learn where and how commercial capital works and how you can get some. You will learn and hear from some of the leading experts on capital structure from originating and source equity and debt. This session will hopefully open your eyes in how commercial capital and finance works.
- Speakers: Elizabeth Braman, James Huang, Zachary Streit
Da Vinci 2 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Breakout #15: Consumer Panel: The Asian-American Consumer
- The purchase power of Asian-Americans in the U.S. is predicted to reach $1 trillion within the next four years. So how do we best serve a market with such strong buying potential? Hear it direct from Asian-Americans who are in the midst of a real estate transaction or who have recently purchased a home to understand their unique perspectives into the home buying process – considering everything from lifestyle needs and housing design preferences to cultural nuances.
- Speakers: Sherry Chris, John Wong
Da Vinci 1 Bellagio 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM Da Vinci 3 Bellagio 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Installation Gala (Ticketed Event)
- Fee: $150 per ticket
Tower Ballroom 1, 2, 4, 7 Bellagio 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
- Late Night Networking Hosted by: theEDGE Event & Las Vegas Chapter (Ticketed Event)
- Join AREAA’s future leaders for an evening that has become a “can’t miss” event and enjoy a vibrant night of music, dancing and networking. Fee: Early Bird: $35 per ticket includes (1) drink ticket At the Door: $35 - NO drink ticket
Time Description Room Location 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- GLVAR 2nd Annual Trade Mission
- Join other real estate practitioners from around the globe immediately after the AREAA Convention on Sept 8th. GLAR's Global Business Committee will host a one-day event for their 2nd Annual Inbound Trade Mission.
The event will include a tour of the Las Vegas Area with stops at:
- The Downtown Revitalization Project
- Switch, the creater or The SuperNAP's, the world's most advanced technology ecosystems serving pver 500 clients
- The University of Nevada Las Vegas
- and a driving tour of local residental and commercial sectors